Quality Assurance Manager
Atlantic Fish and Seafood is high growth seafood supplier to major grocers, retailers, distributors, institutional food, and private label partner to leading brands across the United States and Canada. In this newly created position, we are looking for a detailed-oriented experienced Quality Assurance Manager to support the growth of the business and to manage quality standards and increasing regulations. If you are passionate about food quality, we want to hear from you.
- Randomly review daily Quality Control records to ensure the QA Supervisor is leading QA Technicians on the right path.
- Daily reconciliation of Hold Log against items on electronic Hold; following up on disposition and ensure Hold Tapes and Tags are promptly placed on nonconforming items.
- Logging Foreign material incidents; investigate and document root cause.
- Verifying adherence to Master sanitation schedule. Verifying the effectiveness of Pre-op inspections in ensuring equipment cleanliness as well as absence of potential contaminant in the product zone.
- Randomly visit the production floor to verify certain proactive procedures are being followed to prevent product quality failures.
- Reviewing Supplier QA documentation to ensure they are adequate and suitable for our applications and intended use with regards to food safety and legality.
- Schedule and oversee traceability exercises as well as Crisis management challenges annually.
- Assist in customer complaint investigations.
- Coordinate internal audits according to the SQF system requirements.
- Assist QA Director with root causes and follow up on corrective actions to ensure completion.
- Maintain GMP performance log using information from daily GMP inspections.
- Actively participate in HACCP reviews.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in Quality Assurance within food manufacturing.
- Must be proficient and a communicate well verbally and in written English.
- Ability to speak / understand Spanish, a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of HACCP principles. Familiarity with Seafood HACCP is preferred.
- Understanding of GFSI benchmarked schemes (e.g. SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000)
- Knowledge of food regulations including GMP.
- Good report writing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science is preferred. Associate degree in sciences, preferably Food science, or Biology, or Chemistry is acceptable.
Atlantic Fish & Seafood (AFS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment and career advancement decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Atlantic Fish & Seafood is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical or common conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and above), disability, veteran status, military service, application for military service, genetic information, receipt of free medical care, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. AFS will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law
If you are interested, please send your resume to David St. Cyr at DavidstCyr@afs159.com.